We’ve known for a while the Hilux would be getting a mid-cycle refresh in 2020, and today we might be finally looking at it. First brought to our attention by Instagram user Kurdistan_automotive_blog_, the adjacent renderings were also sent to us via e-mail by the website that actually claims to have leaked images of the updated truck, Milele Motors.
While we can’t vouch for the authenticity of these images since they’re not coming straight from Toyota, Car Advice claims these could possibly be renderings based on internal photos of the 2021 Hilux. The Australian publication goes on to mention the real thing might not look “as dramatic” as what is being shown in these renderings, but the imminent update for the workhorse is said to be a “heavy facelift” rather than the typical nip and tuck.
Expect the styling changes prepared for the Ford Ranger competitor to take after the Tacoma, which we’re kind of seeing in the design of the new headlights. The leaked images claiming to show the 2021 Hilux reveal two headlight designs, one for the lesser trims with a combination of halogen and LED along with another configuration for the high-end models with a full-LED setup. The revised taillights are also of the LED variety, but it appears the turn signals are still stuck with halogens.
One of the images shows the colour palette with three new shades – Emotional Red, Dark Blue, and Oxide Bronze – and we can also see two alloy wheel designs in 17- and 18-inch sizes. Some of the exterior trim pieces come painted in basic black or metallic black depending on the trim level, and there are likely some changes inside the cabin as well.
It is believed the 2021 Toyota Hilux will get a minor power bump when equipped with the turbodiesel 2.8-litre engine, which currently produces 174 bhp and 332 lb-ft of torque when linked to the automatic transmission and 174 bhp and 310 lb-ft when it’s hooked up to the manual.
A recent report claims there’s going to be an amped-up GR Hilux with an all-new turbodiesel V6 offering loads of torque channeled to a 4×4 system. The performance truck is said to benefit from suspension and chassis upgrades, along with quite possibly stronger brakes and a few design tweaks to separate it from the lesser models.
Source – Motor1
- VolvoVolvo is a Swedish car manufacturer founded in 1927 by Gustav Larson and Assar Gabrielsson who where the founders of the SKF group. Volvo has been under ownership of Zhejiang Geely Holding Group Co (Geely) since 2010. Polestar is a sister company of Volvo and operates under the Geely group along with Lotus.
- VauxhallVauxhall is a British car manufacturer founded in 1857 by Alexander Wilson and is owned by Groupe PSA & Fiat Chysler Automobile group since 2017. Vauxhall’s lineup is identical to the lineup of Opel (The German Automotive subsidary of Groupe PSA & FCA).
- SuzukiSuzuki is a Japanese car brand that was founded in 1909 by Michio Suzuki. M. Suzuki was a weaving loom manufacturer for around 30 year before he wanted to expand and enter the automotive arena.
- SubaruSubaru is a Japanese car maker that was founded in 1953 by Kenji Kita and is a division of the Subaru Corporation. Subaru currently caters for a small niche of customers that desire the the Subaru all wheel drive and rough road sporty vehicles.
- Santander Consumer Contract Hire
Established in 1988, Santander Consumer (UK) Plc trade as Santander Consumer Finance and are part of the Spanish Banco Santander Group. They Provide motor finance for both personal and business needs, as well as providing dealer finance.
- Leasys UK Ltd
- Sinclair Finance & Leasing Co Ltd
Abarth arnold clark Arnold Clark Abarth Arnold Clark Dacia Arnold Clark Fiat Arnold Clark Ford Arnold Clark Renault Arnold Clark Vauxhall Best car Leasing deals BMW Bristol Street Motors Nissan Bristol Street Motors Vauxhall car dealer review car dealers car dealership CircleMaze CircleMaze Leasing coronavirus Corporate / Financial Car News Dacia eddie hawthorne electric cars ford Land Rover Leasing Broker Leasing Broker Review leasing Deals Manufacturer Manufacturer Car News Mercedes-Benz MotorMaze Circle Motorstore nissan peugeot Renault seat sir arnold clark skoda Toyota V60 vauxhall Vertu Motors Volkswagen volvo XC40